Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Please contact the Housing and Building department to schedule an appointment.
Show All Answers
The hours of operation are 9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
• Proof of ownership in the form of a deed.• A point of sale inspection ($125 fee).• Water Bill must be current ( there must be a zero balance on account).• Any fees and/or fines must be paid.• Submit an Inspection Request form.
• A copy of the unrecorded deed (signed and notarized)• A point of sale inspection ($125 fee)• Water Bill must be current ( there must be a zero balance on the account)• All outstanding fees and/or fines must be paid• Submit a transfer stamp application ($50 fee per P.I.N – property index number)
• Affidavit of Insurance (Certificate naming the City of Markham as the holder).• Surety Bond in the amount of $10,000, made payable to the City of Markham.• Contractor Fee is $110.00 (regardless of the purchase/non-prorated date.• Landscaping Contractor(s): The $110.00 fee includes one (1) vehicle/Additional vehicle sticker(s) are $.5• Mechanical Contractor(s) may submit a license from any city within the State of Illinois that administers a written examination.• Plumbing Contractor(s) must submit a copy of a State of Illinois Department of Public Health License (#055-Prefix).• Lawn Sprinkler Contractor(s) must submit a copy of a State of Illinois License.• Fire Protection/Alarm Contractor(s) must submit a copy of a State of Illinois License.• Roofing Contractor(s) must submit a copy of a State of Illinois Registration License in addition to all the above information.• Electrical Contractor(s) must submit a copy of a current license from any testing municipality within the State of Illinois that administers a written examination on the National Electrical Code/No Fee is Required.
• Annual Registration is required/Which is every fiscal year/Our fiscal year starts May 1 and ends April 30• Fee is $50 (03/01/2017 until 04/30/2017 of the year), $70 with grass cutting affidavit and if paid after May 1 a penalty of $70 will be added/ $500 with no grass cutting affidavit• The water account must be current and all outstanding violation fines must be paid In full to obtain registration and an inspection.• An annual inspection must be completed or when tenant moves out.• New inspections must be completed when a new tenant is scheduled to move in.• Inspection fee is $125 and is valid for 30 days. The re-inspection fee is $50.• Inspections are scheduled throughout the day.• An inspection must be cancelled or rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance prior to the scheduled inspection time. Failure to do so will result in a No-Show.• A No-Show for inspections will result in the following penalties $100 for first offense, $250 for second offense, and $500 for a third offense, in addition to the $50 re-inspection fee.• Certifications are required for the Roof, Water Heater, Furnace, as well as an Extermination report.• To obtain a Certificate of Occupancy, property must pass an inspection, provide a copy of lease and all required certifications.• Rental property is ready for occupancy when all the necessary requirements with City of Markham and the Building and Housing Department have been met.
• Complete the Business License form for Review• Driver’s License (license may be copied in the office)• Proof of Renters Insurance (if applicable)• Copy of Lease/Not necessary unless approved after review• Proof of Ownership• Form SS4/EIN#• Sales Tax Number• Articles of Incorporation• Application Fee: $150• Fire Inspection Fee/Plans for Fire Protection: $100.00• Commercial Inspection Fee: $200